About Davis Machine & Fabricating Company
Davis Machine was founded in Birmingham Alabama in 1954 by Doug Davis, in a garage with only 400 square feet and one employee. We did steel mill related work for local foundries. Mr. Davis was joined by his sons Mike and Jeff Davis in their early youth.
In 1986, Davis Machine moved to Calera, Alabama into a 12,000 square foot facility and had 12 employees.
As the demand for quality work increased, it became necessary to expand and we purchased large CNC and conventional equipment, as well as 38,000 additional square feet. While we are still located at 8809 Hwy 25 in Calera, we have continued to prosper under the management of the Davis Brothers. We now have five buildings with a total square footage of 50,000 and a sand/paint building. We have a crane capacity of 50 tons.
Today Davis Machine is engaged in contract manufacturing of custom engineered products requiring machining, fabrication and assembly.