Vibratory Stress Relief System for Steel Fabrications
Davis Machine & Fabricating is a dedicated manufacturer of high quality custom machined components. We offer the best available technology for vibratory stress relieving - the advanced Meta-Lax stress relief equipment system, profiled here. Utilizing this machine, an 18' x 4' x 5' machine tool base unit was subjected to a sub harmonic vibratory stress relieving process in order to reduce distortion and increase product longevity. This process is an effective and proven alternative to heat treat relieving. The machine certified that relieving was completed, producing a graphic readout to display test results. We can stress relieve products composed of steel or gray iron, in weights from 150 lbs. to 40,000 lbs. Any fabrication or casting is suitable for this type of stress relieving.
Reducing stress is critical to achieving high quality metal products. This part was satisfactorily treated, meeting customer specifications and our internal standards of quality. For more information about the stress relieving of this machine tool base, or the other value added manufacturing and finishing capabilities available, please see the table below or contact us directly.
Highlights of this Stress Relieving Process
- Product Description
- Vibratory Stress Relief System capable of stress relieving fabrications or other steel products.
- Stress Relieving Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Meta-Lax Stress Relief Equipment
- Part Dimensions
- 18' x 4' x 5'
- Part Weight Range
- 150 - 40,000 lbs.
- Documentation Supplied
- Graphic Printout for each part stress relieved.
- Material Used
- Steel or Gray Iron
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Machine has graphic read out to show test results.
- Industry for Use
- Steel Fabrication
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Stress Relief